Re: [messengers] Minutes from the Open Forum

Date: 21 Aug 2013 15:56:09 +0200
From: Shawn bega Blumenfeld <shawnbega@xxxxxxxxx>

yeah joel where you been? the process has morphed some since 2005, the
date on those webpages.

while its mostly as written, the current process that has been
followed recently: cities bid 2 years out and one city is chosen at
the 2 year out open forum. that city must then present a final bid for
confirmation one year out. if they dont seem capable and are refused
by the one year out forum, an emergency situation would then have to
be discussed. i didnt see it in these minutes, it may have happened at
the first open forum or may have gotten skipped, but i know at least
that mexico was prepared to give a final presentation for 2014.

 i reiterate my recommendation from last year: i believe a motion
should be made next time to eliminate proxy votes. they dont matter,
and are contrary to a consensus process.

i reiterate my desire to see at least those specific pages at
messengers.org updated to reflect the current process.

mexico mexico mexico. cant fricken wait. im running "velodrome day" at
which ive been told we'll be allowed to race the track with non track
bikes. long live the derailleur!

--
Shawn "bega" Blumenfeld
http://www.dcbikeracing.com