Re: [messengers] Minutes from the Open Forum

Date: 21 Aug 2013 16:21:26 +0200
From: Shawn bega Blumenfeld <shawnbega@xxxxxxxxx>

 and one last point then ill bow out of the conversation:

the open forum consensus process allows us to change the process on
the fly, so even official written rules are really just guidelines. i
believe this to be the most important part of the ifbma/cmwc/
messenger community process.

at 2012 for example, a motion was made to change the vote process for
the bids from consensus to majority. while the motion was tabled, it
serves as example of what could happen.

one could show up with a bid 3 years out, or a competing bid 1 year
out, or a proposal to only allow racers in clown costumes. if you can
get %100 of the forum to agree with you, the posibilities are endless.
those of us who think of cmwc as part of our life legacy, an event to
whom our contributions will be written on our tombstones, might feel,
shall we say, nostalgic, for the processes we defined. i personally
believe however, that we should be willing to yield to the fact that
the process will evolve with new blood.

--
Shawn "bega" Blumenfeld
http://www.dcbikeracing.com