Re: [messengers] Minutes from the Open Forum

Date: 22 Aug 2013 00:28:15 +0200
From: Andy Zalan <zalandy@xxxxxxxxx>

I don't see the point in not giving it to the bidding city 2 years out. How
little "evidence" would a city need to show for there really be a vote of
no confidence? Never gonna happen.

I've proposed it before, I think bids should be heard and accepted 2 years
out, narrowed down to a field of 2, maybe 3 eligible cities, who then
present again 1 year out for final vote. That gives cities 1 year to really
put something on paper, promotes competitiveness, and then gives the
winning city that 2nd year to really iron out the details and do the heavy
lifting. But hey, what do I know?
See you in Mexico! That is if they still got the bid. Lemme check the rule
book...
--
AZ

pssst... come to my race on saturday. it is a fun(d)racer. you can even
play along from home.
https://www.facebook.com/events/566546996728829/