Re: [messengers] super mess market / mall mess life / migros mess life / hyper discount mess life / hard discount soon

Date: 22 Apr 2014 21:11:20 -0000
From: matteo castronuovo <m.castronuovo@xxxxxxxxxx>

My dear Andy,
the problem is:
• cinelli cap are not produced by cinelli, but is other company that gives
to cinelli the merchandising.
• cinelli can sell the cmc cap in his website and give to the cmc
organization part of money and part of cap to selling
• cinelli gives the caps for the messenger event 'cause they have big
visibility with small investment.
In every picture about cmc you'll find someone with cinelli cap, that's his
secret.
Isn't just a cap, is a perfect marketing strategy.

See ya in mexico

Matteo

--

/////////////////////////////////////////////
Matteo Castronuovo

m.castronuovo@xxxxxxxxxx
ph. +39 3426853559
/////////////////////////////////////////////

0245558500

Urban Bike Messengers srl
c/o Avanzi, via ampère 61/A
20131 Milano
P.I.e C.F. 06891640960
  Consegniamo una Milano più pulita.

[image: Linkedin]
<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/996690><http://www.linkedin.com/companies/996690>[image:
Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Milano-Italy/Urban-Bike-Messengers-Milano/72191458984?ref=ts><http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Milano-Italy/Urban-Bike-Messengers-Milano/72191458984?ref=ts>[image:
Flickr] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ubm/><http://www.flickr.com/photos/ubm/>[image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/urbanbm> <http://twitter.com/urbanbm>[image:
Youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/urbanbikemessenger>

> [...]

> future.  It helped raise money for the BMEF.  It helped out brother Fish
> out with some prize money and product to continue his dream of racing
> around the world.  But because it had a corporate name in front of it you
> shit on it.  Who do you think paid for the set up?  Who helped get the
> permits from the city?  No one is forcing you to buy their drink or drink
> it when it's free.
> >>
> >> I would love to be able to organise the CMWC without any sponsors or
> only with sponsors that are aligned with my core values but the reality is
> that I value my friends more than that.  I don't expect people to pay 1500
> dollars to fly to Mexico and sit in my apartment and do an alleycat.  I
> want them to have a great an experience as possible in the short time they
> are here.
> >> Perhaps the hat deal is not great.  Have you tried to raise money for a
> messenger event in a 3rd world city where people don't know what bike
> messengers are?  It may be nothing for them to give us a few hundred hats
> but if I can sell those hats I have a few thousand dollars.  Perhaps you
> should go and take a look at the registration page at mexicocmwc.com.
>  Have a look at the ticks next to peoples names and see that about 60% of
> people have not paid the pre registration.  A pre registration that I kept
> lower than most CMWCs that I can remember.  Perhaps you'll notice, Fuego, a
> tick missing next to your name.  You're too cheap to help your brothers in
> Mexico out by pre registering but too classy to let me take a sponsor's
> money without trying to guilt trip me.  You stay proudly French then, the
> French who couldn't be bothered to put an alleycat on for the Sister City
> Cat event.  An event designed by messengers to raise money from our
> communities
> >> so we don't have to rely as much on corporate support for the CMWC.
>  The French who harass women on the street in their bid videos to trying to
> win the right to host the CMWC.  The French who never have more than two
> representatives at a messenger event outside of Europe.
> >>
> >> It's very easy to point a finger outwards but perhaps it's time to look
> at ourselves.  We complain about our lack of rights but good luck trying to
> get a group of messengers to stand up for them.  We believe we deserve
> better but wont work for it.  5% of messengers work their arses off while
> the rest sit back, free load and make shitty remarks.  Maybe if messengers
> all gave a shit we would be able to run events they way we wanted.  I'm not
> saying anything new, those who know know and the rest don't give a shit.
> >>
> >> So excuse me now, while I go suck some more corporate dick, so that
> when Fuego gets to Mexico he can run around naked with a pill up his arse,
> a cheap beer in one hand, a free tequila in the other with a well priced,
> non branded cycling jersey in a messenger bag he'll probably win by doing
> something as meaningless as skidding his back tyre.

Matteo Castronuovo
Marketing e Comunicazione

m.castronuovo@xxxxxxxxxx
ph. +39 3426853559