Re: [messengers] the divil has taken you?

Date: 23 Apr 2014 07:02:38 -0000
From: "Kai Hawaii" <StoerteBiker@xxxxxx>

   like you said - andy

   it's one of this devil discussions
   we had a lot
   and it's an endless story
   and where it goes
   you decide for your own
   cause here our messenger world splits
   too individual
   too big
   and?

   i remember these worlds
   if you wanna....
   go in the bush
   grow your own food
   and light your fire
   (hey - we've been there - in our jungle )
   but.....

   kai
   #236hawaii
   st.pauli
   north.hem

   Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. April 2014 um 22:52 Uhr
   Von: zalandy@xxxxxxxxx
   An: "Blaize Felberbaum" <blaize.felberbaum@xxxxxxxxxx>
   Cc: "messengers@xxxxxxxxx" <messengers@xxxxxxxxx>
   Betreff: Re: [messengers] super mess market / mall mess life / migros
   mess life / hyper discount mess life / hard discount soon
   To play devils advocate for a minute: in exchange for the caps, what
   did Cinelli want? Did they ever try to prohibit anyone from selling the
   caps? As far as I see it, every free cap equals $10-$15 for the race.
   What's the problem?
   --
   Andy
   <blaize.felberbaum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   > 2 things Willy. Maybe 3...
   > 1. To my knowledge, Cinelli never gave 1$ to any CMC, free caps
   doesn't help organizing anything.
   > 2. Insulting people (including these lazy french messengers) does no
   good to anyone nor to the discussion.
   > 3. I love you as much as the rest of our beautiful community!
   >
   > blz.
   >

   >> Le 22 avr. 2014 `a 21:23, Willy Wonker <fetologist@xxxxxxxxx> a
   ecrit :

   >> Hi,
   >>
   >> Why say 'fuck them'? Who are you? A bike messenger, do you think
   people care about bike messengers? You're someone who delivers parcels
   on a bicycle. We have somehow come to believe we are special, we are
   doing the world a favour. We are not doing the hardest job in the
   world, we do not have the coolest job in the world. We are delivery
   people doing trivial work. We're too good to align our events with the
   corporate world but we'll deliver for BP and Monsanto. We ride through
   red lights like it is our right. We cycle drunk and cause damage. We
   intimidate the public and spit at anyone who questions us. But we are
   too good for an energy drink who gives us free product and helps pay to
   organise an event we want to run.

   >> Why take a dig at Nadir and Race the Place? The event opened up a
   part of the city that was shut down. It gave cyclists a chance to enjoy
   a race in their city, possibly meet new people and work on new ideas
   for the future. It helped raise money for the BMEF. It helped out
   brother Fish out with some prize money and product to continue his
   dream of racing around the world. But because it had a corporate name
   in front of it you shit on it. Who do you think paid for the set up?
   Who helped get the permits from the city? No one is forcing you to buy
   their drink or drink it when it's free.

   >> I would love to be able to organise the CMWC without any sponsors or
   only with sponsors that are aligned with my core values but the reality
   is that I value my friends more than that. I don't expect people to pay
   1500 dollars to fly to Mexico and sit in my apartment and do an
   alleycat. I want them to have a great an experience as possible in the
   short time they are here.
   >> Perhaps the hat deal is not great. Have you tried to raise money for
   a messenger event in a 3rd world city where people don't know what bike
   messengers are? It may be nothing for them to give us a few hundred
   hats but if I can sell those hats I have a few thousand dollars.
   Perhaps you should go and take a look at the registration page at
   mexicocmwc.com. Have a look at the ticks next to peoples names and see
   that about 60% of people have not paid the pre registration. A pre
   registration that I kept lower than most CMWCs that I can remember.
   Perhaps you'll notice, Fuego, a tick missing next to your name. You're
   too cheap to help your brothers in Mexico out by pre registering but
   too classy to let me take a sponsor's money without trying to guilt
   trip me. You stay proudly French then, the French who couldn't be
   bothered to put an alleycat on for the Sister City Cat event. An event
   designed by messengers to raise money from our communities
   >> so we don't have to rely as much on corporate support for the CMWC.
   The French who harass women on the street in their bid videos to trying
   to win the right to host the CMWC. The French who never have more than
   two representatives at a messenger event outside of Europe.

   >> It's very easy to point a finger outwards but perhaps it's time to
   look at ourselves. We complain about our lack of rights but good luck
   trying to get a group of messengers to stand up for them. We believe we
   deserve better but wont work for it. 5% of messengers work their arses
   off while the rest sit back, free load and make shitty remarks. Maybe
   if messengers all gave a shit we would be able to run events they way
   we wanted. I'm not saying anything new, those who know know and the
   rest don't give a shit.

   >> So excuse me now, while I go suck some more corporate dick, so that
   when Fuego gets to Mexico he can run around naked with a pill up his
   arse, a cheap beer in one hand, a free tequila in the other with a well
   priced, non branded cycling jersey in a messenger bag he'll probably
   win by doing something as meaningless as skidding his back tyre.
   <wooracer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   >> How did this happen?
   >>
   >> Zero

   migros mess life / hyper discount mess life / hard discount soon

   >> too late FuegO! Cinelli has already bought the global marketing
   rights
   >> for all messenger championships and any messenger related event.
   those