[messengers] Fwd: Voting system at CMWC Mexico

Date: 30 Apr 2014 23:28:16 -0000
From: london courier emergency fund <londoncourieremergencyfund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Forwarded from Safa:

  On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 12:19 PM, Willy Wonker
<fetologist@xxxxxxxxx<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','fetologist@xxxxxxxxx');>>
wrote:
 Hi,
The voting system to decides who hosts CMWCs is currently being discussed
and will be a major topic at the open forum.

I would like to propose that CMWC Mexico use a new system at our
championships.  We do not wish to change the schedule and therefore the
open forums will remain on Friday and Monday.  We would like to change how
the city is decided upon and have less tension and more time to decide upon
other matters at the second open forum.
We propose that the decision as to which city hosts the 2016 CMWC is
decided by majority ballot vote.
Final registration closes on Saturday morning, after which we will print
the list of all registered racers and their numbers.  Voting can take place
on Saturday during the main race qualifiers and on Sunday during the main
race (exact hours yet to be defined). You put the city's name on a piece of
paper and put it in to the box which will be monitored by an official, your
name gets crossed off the list and that is your one and only vote cast.
 Any votes that are for a city that has not put in a bid or have more than
one city on will be discarded.  We would be able to announce the 2016 host
city winner at the prize giving.
Of course it would be a good idea for host cities to add material to
registration packs or make it available to participants before Saturday. We
will be happy to add any city's info to our rego packs but will not be
responsible for any printing or work other than putting it inside rego
packs.

Unless there are major concerns form the community I believe we can go
ahead with this system this year as the current system is a bit of a mess.
 The open forums can determine future systems and monitor how the system
worked this time.

- Safa