[messengers] Fwd: CMWC Mexico champions eligibility

Date: 30 Apr 2014 23:32:56 -0000
From: london courier emergency fund <londoncourieremergencyfund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Willy Wonker* <fetologist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 1 May 2014
Subject: [messengers] CMWC Mexico champions eligibility
To: "londoncourieremergencyfund@xxxxxxxxx" <
londoncourieremergencyfund@xxxxxxxxx>

  On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 6:18 PM, Willy Wonker <fetologist@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 Hi all,

The CMWC Main Race is one month away and I would like to clarify who is
eligible to be crowned the cycle messenger world champion for that race and
other races where the title is up for grabs.
It has often been a contentious point and below is what we are going to run
with so it is clear to all.

 Everyone is welcome to register and compete in all events.  Only people
whose current, primary job is bicycle delivery (generally accepted that you
derive your main income from the job), are eligible to be crowned world
champion for events that the champions’ jerseys are awarded for.
*Please contact an organiser if you have any doubts regarding this rule.

We believe only a working messenger should be crowned world champion at the
Cycle Messenger World Championships. And, not a messenger that works for a
week or two here and there whilst making their money somewhere else and
having plenty of time off the road to train and recover.

We also think that ex and non messengers should feel welcome and be
encouraged to race.  Mexico CMWC will happily recognise a winner that does
not fall in to the working messenger category but the title and champions
jersey will go to the first messenger.

We do not want a witch hunt and certainly do not expect to have one.  I
think that most people who have a chance at winning such a difficult race
are well known and honest people.
If there are any doubts about your own or another person's validity please
approach the staff (especially me, Brian/Safa).  Don't start spreading
rumours about a person.  Let's behave like sensible adults.

I know the rule above in larger text is a little rough.  Someone may work
full time 5 days a week as a messenger but make the next Flappy Bird game