Re: [messengers] 1hour record @ d.f. trackday

Date: 24 May 2014 03:34:18 -0000
From: Alex Farioletti <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Details:

How many?
Everyone, at the same time, co-ed, co-op. We need everyone to beat the
Cannibal.

Gear ratio?
Go big 50x15 to 52x14 (90” to 98"). If we want to beat Eddy, we gotta go
approx 32 mph for an hour, little gears means lotsa pedal strokes.

Bars?
Drops, this will be massed start so unless you are a team pursuit pro,
drops is best. Probably drops only.

Co-op? Co-ed!?
Yes, we need to cooperate to succeed. We need lotsa bodies to keep a good
draft. All ages, all genders, all abilities. I don't expect everyone who
starts to finish, this will be tough, 32 mph for an hour at 7000'+ altitude
is going to crush all but the Swiss, but even if you can only hang for a
few laps you will have contributed to the record attempt and we welcome
your efforts. It will be a race of attrition, competition will not be
necessary. I expect less than 10 to finish.

What's in it for me?
If we beat Eddy s record, the finishers will get their names inscribed on a
giant silver trophy cup to be bestowed to the winner for safe keeping until
the next hour record is set, whereupon the new record holders will take
custody of the Hour of Power Cup.

Even if we dont beat Eddy Merckx, we will still win since its the first one
attempted. It will probably also be the last, since nobody is gonna be dumb
enough to do it again.

1st annual Co-Op Co-Ed Cycle Messenger World Hour Record Attempt.

Do it or die.
   Would be up for that thing! Are there any details for that. How many
   racers? What gear ratio? (Recommended) what kinda bars? (Aerobars?)
   Etc..
   Sending love out of the desert of baja!
   Kaiser
   --
   Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail
   gesendet.