Re: [messengers] Clarification

Date: 30 Jul 2014 14:21:44 -0000
From: Shawn bega Blumenfeld <shawnbega@xxxxxxxxx>

we used to give out "dcbca" id's that were really cheesy and were
essentially made by hand and the phone number listed on them as "the
dcbca" was my number and id get calls all the time from security type
people asking if the id was "real" and if the dcbca was real. its best
use was as a throw away id with no consequences. if you did piss off
the security guy, theyd call me and id say something like "so what i
dont give a crap. all power to the messenger!" and then  make a new
one for the messenger in question if the id got "confiscated". we also
made several calls as the dcbca to non government buildings
complaining about similar policies. the voice had more weight because
we were "an association" speaking as a group. we had some success but
other times it just made us feel good to make the calls. and then when
i had my company, we used to charge "waiting time" for every little
thing like this, trying to put it on the client as a financial issue
but im not sure any of them noticed. again, it mostly made us feel
better than having any actual lobbiest type affect.

--
Shawn "bega" Blumenfeld
http://www.dcbikeracing.com