Re: [messengers] Global Gutz 2014

Date: 13 Sep 2014 20:07:50 -0000
From: Andy Zalan <zalandy@xxxxxxxxx>

its always so hard to ensure all the races are as fair and equal as
possible. truth is, it is not possible. having a big prize like a ticket to
australia may be too big a temptation for people to not look for every way
to bend the rules and find advantages (or outright cheat). let the local
cities worry about prizes if they want to. if you want, take donations or
whatever and award it to the top male and female finishers who make it to
cmwc. those are the ones with the real spirit! garaunteeing a ticket might
end up coming, at least in part, out of the organizer's pocket. but if you
do find a way to buy the winner(s) a ticket, definitely do not send them
the money to buy it themselves. trust me on that one. haha!
-
az